Italian-Style Avocado Toast

Tuesday, April 26, 2016


There are a lot of different versions of avocado toast out there, seriously, people put literally anything on it, and this is my version. It's super simple, fresh and has something Italian, just like me.

For this recipe I'm taking inspiration from my favourite bruschetta recipe which involves basil, fresh tomato, garlic and onion. Somehow I ran out of basil so I used baby spinach instead. For the base I'm using whole wheat bread, but you can really use any kind of bread you like. I just love this kind of bread, that's all.

INGREDIENTS
1 serving
  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread
  • ½ avocado
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 garlic glove
  • 5-6 leaves baby spinach
  • ¼ red onion
  • Salt
  • Pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Toast your bread to your liking.
  • Dice the tomato, and put in a bowl with roughly chopped spinach. Slice the onion. Mash the avocado with the lime juice, a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Rub the bread with the garlic, and top with mashed avocado, tomatoes, spinach and onions.


INGREDIENTI
1 porzione
  • 2 fette di pancarrè integrale
  • ½ avocado
  • 1 cucchiaino succo di lime
  • 1 pomodoro
  • 1 spicchio d'aglio
  • 5-6 foglie di spinacini
  • ¼ cipolla rossa
  • Sale
  • Pepe

PROCEDIMENTO
  • Tostate il pane a vostro piacimento.
  • Tagliate il pomodoro a cubetti, e mettetelo in una ciotola con gli spinaci spezzettati. Affettate la cipolla. Riducete l'avocado in purè, e mescolatelo con il succo di lime, un pizzico di sale e pepe a piacere.
  • Strofinate l'aglio sul pane, spalmate quindi la purea di avocado, e completate con i pomodori, spinaci e cipolla.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this yet but I will! It sounds so simple yet delicious and healthy! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete