Beef Tenderloin with Cherry Sauce // Filetto di manzo con salsa di ciliegie

Wednesday, June 14, 2017


Oh, cherries. How is even possible not to love them? But I guess I'm biased because, and I've said this before, I have so much memories of me eating them straight from the cherry tree in my old house's garden. What I've never mentioned, however, is that my old house is now my grandparents house and that cherry tree is still there, delivering goodness every year. And that brings me to the fact that my grandfather brought me a huge basket of cherries.

There are a lot of things one could do with cherries, the most obvious being eating them as they are or making cakes or any other kind of dessert.


I do, however, always think outside the box, and, tired of eating them as a snack throughout the day, I thought I'd use them in a savoury recipe and when I saw a beautiful beef tenderloin, I knew it would be beef with a cherry sauce.

It may look fancy, but it's incredibly simple to make. And it's very delicious as well with its amazing savory and sweet flavours. I'm sure if you give this a try, you will love it. I promise.


INGREDIENTS
1 serving
  • 1 beef tenderloin (about 130 g//4.5 oz)
  • 100 g (1 cup) pitted cherries
  • 10 ml (1 tablespoon) cherry
  • 60 ml (1/4 cup) beef or vegetable broth
  • 1 sprig fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ghee
  • Salt
  • Black Pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place the cherries, cherry and broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, turn off the heat, then stir in the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
  • Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
  • Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the steak and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
  • Serve the steak with the cherry sauce.


Oh, le ciliegie. Come si fa a non amarle? Ma immagino che io sia di parte perché, e l'ho già detto in passato, ho tanti di quei ricordi di me che le mangio direttamente dal ciliegio nel giardino della mia vecchia casa. Quello che non ho mai detto, però, è che la mia vecchia casa ora è la casa dei miei nonni e che quel ciliegio è ancora lì, offrendo bontà tutti gli anni. E questo mi porta al fatto che mio nonno mi ha portato un cestino pieno di ciliege.

Ci sono tante cose che si possono fare con le ciliegie, le più ovvie sono mangiarle direttamente così come sono o farci delle torte o altri tipi di dolci.

Io però penso sempre fuori dagli schemi e, stanca di mangiarle come snack durante il giorno, ho pensato di utilizzarle in una ricetta salata e quando ho visto un bellissimo filetto di manzo, sapevo che sarebbe stato manzo con una salsa di ciliege.

Può sembrare raffinato, ma è incredibilmente semplice da fare. Ed è anche molto delizioso con la sua sapidità e dolcezza. Sono sicura che se lo provate, lo amere. Ve lo prometto.

INGREDIENTI
1 porzione
  • 1 filetto manzo (circa 130 g)
  • 100 g ciliegie denocciolate
  • 10 ml cherry
  • 60 ml brodo di carne o vegetale
  • 1 rametto timo fresco
  • 1/2 cucchiaino burro chiarificato
  • Sale
  • Pepe nero

PROCEDIMENTO
  • Mettete le ciliegie, cherry e brodo in un pentolino e portate a bollore. Cuocete per 10 minuti, spegnete il fuoco, quindi unite le foglie di timo, salate e pepate.
  • Salate e pepate il filetto su entrambi i lati.
  • Scaldate il burro in una padella antiaderente su fiamma medio-alta, aggiungete il filetto e cuocete per 1-2 minuti per lato. Togliete il filetto dalla padella e lasciatelo riposare per 5 minuti.
  • Servite il filetto con la salsa di ciliegie. 

8 comments: